The Invisalign system is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. Invisalign uses advanced 3D computer-imaging technology to depict your complete treatment plan, from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- They are invisible, so hardly anyone will notice you are correcting your teeth.
- They are comfortable, so they won’t be irritating or painful to wear.
- They are removable, so you will be able to eat and brush your teeth normally.
- The aligners are custom made to fit your teeth perfectly to be more comfortable than other teeth straightening options.
Dental Procedure of Invisalign
The Invisalign treatment process begins with a thorough dental examination. The dentist will take dental x-rays, perform an oral exam, and take impressions of your teeth. The dentist will use these dental impressions to create 3D images of your teeth. The software will create a virtual model of your teeth, which is used to create a treatment plan. The dental measurements are sent to the lab to fabricate the aligners.
You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position your orthodontist has prescribed. You’ll visit your doctor about once every six weeks to ensure that your treatment progresses as planned. Total treatment time averages nine to 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
After Care of Invisalign
After your Invisalign treatment, it is imperative that you follow the instructions that you are given. If you follow the instructions, your treatment should be successful and your teeth will straighten and look great.
The instructions involve a few essential tips.
1. Remove Invisalign trays while eating and brushing your teeth.
2. Be sure to brush your teeth before you put the aligners back in.
3. Avoid damaging habits like smoking.
To know more, call Dentist in Katy, TX at (281) 271-5100 and schedule an appointment with the dentist.