Dentures are the most commonly used restorative treatment option for patients who are looking to replace missing teeth. They are removable oral prosthetics that can be customized according to the requirements of the patient. Dentures mimic the appearance of natural teeth and gums.
Why Choose Dentures?
- Dentures help restore your smile and support your natural facial contour.
- They are removable oral appliances that can be taken out and put back on as required by the patient.
- Dentures are a simple, painless, and cost-effective solution to restore oral functionality.
- Dentures can replace a set of missing teeth or all the teeth, making them versatile restorations.
- Dentures are highly durable restorations as they are made from ceramic and dental-grade acrylic resin.
- They mimic the texture, color, and contour of natural teeth and gums, thereby providing a natural look.
What Does Getting Dentures Entail?
During your initial consultation, we will conduct a thorough screening process to determine your candidacy for dentures and take X-rays and scans. Based on this examination, we will prepare a treatment plan and discuss it in detail with you. We will also inform you about the duration required for the treatment along with its cost.
For the treatment process, we will remove any existing dental restoration such as crowns or dental bridges that have been placed on top of the extracted tooth root. We will prepare a wax mold of your mouth which helps to obtain the impression of the teeth. The data from this impression will be used to fabricate your denture in a dental laboratory.
Once it is ready, we will schedule an appointment for the fitting where we will place it in your mouth and check for fit and comfort. The final fitting would be done after we make the necessary changes and ensure that the denture fits perfectly in your mouth. You should take utmost care to maintain them well so that they last for several years. If required, we can offer you periodic repairs at our practice during your routine consultations.
If you have any questions about our dental services, call our experienced dentist in Katy, TX, at (281) 271-5100 to schedule an appointment at our dental office located at 6940 Katy-Gaston Rd Suite 200, Katy, TX 77494.