Dentures are the most commonly used restorative treatment option for patients who desire to restore their smiles. They are removable oral prosthetics that can be customized according to the requirements of the patient. Dentures mimic the appearance of natural teeth and gums.
Why should you choose dentures?
- Dentures help to restore your smile by restoring your natural facial contour.
- They are removable oral appliances that can be removed and put back on as required by the patient.
- Dentures provide a simple, painless, and cost-effective solution to restore oral functionality.
- Dentures can replace a single tooth or an entire set of missing teeth, making them versatile restorations.
- Dentures can be used by patients who have excessive wear of teeth.
- Dentures are highly durable restorations as they are made from ceramic and dental-grade acrylic resin.
- They mimic the texture, color, and contour of natural teeth and gums, thereby making them indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
What is the procedure involved in getting dentures?
During your initial consultation, we will conduct a thorough screening process to determine your candidacy for dentures. We will take x-rays and scans to help us with the decision. Based on this examination, we will prepare a treatment plan for you and discuss it in detail with you. We will also inform you about the duration required for the treatment along with its cost.
For the treatment process, we will remove any existing dental restoration such as crowns or dental bridges that have been placed on top of the extracted tooth root. We will prepare a wax mold of your mouth which helps to obtain the impression of the teeth. The data from this impression will be used to fabricate your denture at a dental laboratory.
Once it is ready, we will schedule an appointment for the fitting session where we will place it in your mouth and check for fit and comfort. The final fitting would be done after we make the necessary changes and ensure that it fits perfectly in your mouth without any discomfort or ill-fitting. You should take utmost care to maintain them well so that they last for several years. If required, we can offer you periodic repairs at our practice during our routine consultations with you.If you have any questions about the dental service call Dentist in Katy, TX at (281) 271-5100 to schedule an appointment at our office located in Katy, TX.