Our skilled dentist may recommend a dental filling if you develop a cavity or sustain other minor tooth damage. Fillings work by literally “filling in” the damaged portions of the tooth, restoring their shape, strength and appearance so that you can once again enjoy a healthy smile.
Traditionally, fillings have been made of a silver amalgam material. Advances in dentistry now allow us to provide you with composite, or tooth-colored, dental fillings that blend in with your teeth to give you a more natural and aesthetic final result. Other benefits of tooth-colored dental fillings include:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for its natural integrity
- A reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation against sensitivity and temperature changes caused by hot or cold foods or drinks
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- A safer and healthier overall treatment, as no mercury or other metals are used
Dental fillings can usually be completed in just one visit to Premier Dental Studio of Katy. When you receive a filling, our dentist will begin by removing the decayed or damaged portions of the tooth and thoroughly cleaning it. The filling material will then be placed in the damaged area of the tooth and shaped to match the contours of the tooth. We will take care to select a filling that matches the natural color of your teeth to give you a natural looking result. Finally, our dentist will harden the filling to give you a lasting restoration.
Give us a call at 281-271-5100 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Angela Ishak and learn more about tooth-colored dental fillings in Katy, Texas!