Our skilled dentist may recommend dentures if you have lost multiple teeth. Dentures are removable oral appliances designed to fit your mouth comfortably, giving you final result that is secure, functional and aesthetic and restoring your smile and oral function after you have lost teeth. There are two main types of dentures:
- Complete Dentures — Complete dentures are used to replace all the teeth in your upper or lower dental arch.
- Partial Dentures — Partials are recommended when you are missing many teeth but have some natural teeth remaining. They often include clasps or a thin framework that attach to your natural teeth to provide your dentures with greater stability.
Benefits of dentures include:
- An improved ability to speak and eat
- Support for your natural facial volume
- A restored smile
- A comfortable and aesthetic final result
Traditional dentures are removable, but your dentures may also be anchored with dental implants to provide a more stable foundation for your new smile. Regardless of which type of dentures you receive, you will need to plan on several visits with our dentist to ensure that your dentures fit and function properly for you.
After your treatment is complete or dentist and team will also provide you with instructions on the best ways to care for your dentures and will check your appliance at each of your regular dental exams to ensure that your dentures still fit and function properly for you. We will also provide denture maintenance, including repairs and relinings, as needed.
To learn more about dentures in Katy, Texas, and schedule a consultation with Dr. Angela Ishak, please contact Premier Dental Studio of Katy at 281-271-5100 and speak with a member of our team.